Railway transport of slabs: Start from the Terminal of Sona Campaign the collaboration between Trasporti Pesantit and Valsider of Vallese di Oppeano (VR)
On Monday 14 October with the departure from the Sona Campagna Terminal of the first of two trains / day by the carrier Mercitalia Rail, the connection between the port of Marghera Transped and the RBN Logistic Terminal of Sona Sommacampagna was inaugurated, for the transport of slabs produced by Metinvest Trametal spa in Ukraine and recipient of the Ferriera Valsider of Vallese di Oppeano (VR).
The director of the operation is, as always, the Storti family that, with its own company "Trasporti Pesanti".
Some numbers of the agreement:
- Frequency: 2 trains / day;
- Customer and recipient: Ferriera Valsider di Vallese di Oppeano (VR)
- Contract carrier: Trasporti Pesanti
- Rail Carrier: Mercitalia Rail
- Port of departure: Marghera Transped
- Transport from terminal to plant: exceptional iron and steel transports by Heavy Transport and Terminal Service
- Product transported: Metinvest slabs
- Train characteristics: R1 wagons in C3, 4 wetsuits of 34 wagons each, gross train performance 2,500 tons, net 1,800 tons (first time without double traction).